Farms cover about half of the country’s land. Primary production is a key industry in Aotearoa New Zealand, and it employs a significant number of people either directly on farm or indirectly as vets, contractors, researchers and more.
Students can discover some of the careers that support the dairy industry and primary sector.
The following resources are courtesy of Lincoln University:
- Careers in the dairy industry and primary sector – lesson plan – pdf
- Spot the career – pdf
- People in the industry – student activity – pdf
- People in the industry – answers – pdf
- A–Z Primary Sector Careers – pdf
- Agriculture Careers – pdf
- Conservation and Ecology careers – pdf
- Food Science Careers – pdf
- Geographic Information Systems Careers – pdf
- Viticulture and Oenology Careers – pdf